Saturday, December 27, 2008

I love the boxing.

Well I've already said what I got for Christmas, but the day after was much better. Since it was boxing day everywhere had a massive sale, and some stores opened really early. Futureshop was on of these stores. For a while I had been looking at getting myself a DSLR camera (a.k.a. the big digital cameras... like photographers use) because I love taking pictures of well... everything that isn't people. My mom had agreed that she would get me one as a graduation present, but I got futureshop's boxingday email and it showed a really amazing camera package. I talked to my mom, and asked if I used the money I got for christmas, and the money in my bank account if I could get the camera early. She said that we could go and see if they have it. Since it was a "door crasher" deal it meant that it was only valid for the first hour the store opened... in this case 6:00 in the morning. What that meant is I had to get up at 5:00am.

My mom and I got there at 5:55am and the line was already huge.

If you know that complex, then you'll understand that at 6:00 in the morning (when the store opened) that line (represented by blue line) was into the far side of the value village parking lot.

Since they were only letting so many people in at a time (so it didn't get chaotic) my mother was constantly looking to see what everyone walking out of the store was getting, to see if anyone had gotten my prize.

We finally got in at 6:13 and went straight to the camera area, pulled out the print out, and went "hey this is what I want". The nice employee assisted in me getting my camera, and the whole bundle, plus some other stuff!

Here is what I got on that fine, fine day, and what I got it for:

Canon EOS Rebel XS
+
Canon 18-55mm IS lens
+
Canon battery grip
+

Canon DSLR batter (x2)
+

Canon Camera bag (high grade)
=
$899.99
$499.99
+
Canon 55-300mm zoom lens
=
$399.99 $299.99
+

16gig memory card
=
$19.99
+
Futureshop 3 year warranty
=
$110.00
---------------------------------------------------------
=
??? (under $1000)


I have quite a lot of stuff for my camera now. The only thing is, I don't know when I'll have it for good. Right now I'm in the trial "you technically shouldn't get this till you graduate (I got it on grad credit + my money + 18th birthday credit) buuutt...." period.

So if I do get to keep it now there is just one problem. I'm not quite sure how to use it effectively... or to take good pictures yet... just... pretty OK pictures.

Luckily that's where this handy thing comes in handy:

this post was especially for Holly Eustace, who wanted me to specifically blog about my camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bitchin'...

Anonymous said...

Beats the crap out of the minolta 500 si my dad gave me when he got his new camera ages ago.