Sunday, October 19, 2008

Woah.

I have to write a book report for The Three Musketeers for West and the Worlds - History. It's due November 3rd, but for some reason I have to work on it now. Which is why I'm blogging, I'm trying to waste time because I really don't want to do it.

Anyway as I went to do it I went "shit, my desktop doesn't have a word processor" so I popped over to my laptop and then went "shit, my laptop's word processor for some reason doesn't have spell check" so that was useless. So I popped back on my desktop and took a quick trip to Demonoid to look for a word processor. I came across Microsoft Office 2007. So I went "ok, no 2008, but oh well, it'll work". It took 16 minutes to download the file and in that time I sat on alienware.com and built my dream PC (it was so kick ass, and only cost $2,889.00):
[1] Area-51® 7500

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz 6MB Cache 1333MHz FSB
Alienware P2 Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Conspiracy Blue
System Lighting: Alienware® Standard System Lighting - Fusion Red
System Cooling: Alienware® High-Performance Liquid Cooling
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Graphics Processor: Single 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline v1.0: Video Performance Optimizer - More Info
Memory: 3GB Patriot EP+ Low Latency Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB + 2 x 512MB

Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA® nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Ultimate with Service Pack 1 – DirectX 10 Ready!
Desktop Tuners and Remotes: With Media Center Remote Control
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 1TB (2 x 500GB) SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 2 x 16MB Cache
Optical Drives : Single Drive Configuration - 20X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
Enthusiast Essentials: Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio
Security Software: McAfee® VirusScan Plus – 36-Month Subscription Factory Installed!
Speakers: Logitech® Z-2300 2.1 200-Watt Speakers
Keyboard: Gaming Keyboard - Saitek II Backlit Keyboard
Mouse: Gaming Mouse - Razer Lachesis™ 4000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse - Phantom White
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Onsite Service and 24/7 Toll-Free Phone Support
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mesh Cap
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mousepad
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Desktop Binder
Alienware Extras: Owner Identification Card
Alienware Extras: Internal Wire Management
Avatar: Alienhead Glow
Window Style: Graphite Window Style
Mouse Pointers: Standard Mouse Pointers
Wallpaper: Alienhead 3D
Power Plan: High Performance
Automatic Updates: Automatic Updates On
Sidebar Gadgets: Calendar
Sidebar Gadgets: CPU Meter
Then when office finished downloading and installing I opened it up and went "woah, I'm lost". It looks so very very weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

silly boy.
ms office 2008 is mac only.
2007 is the most recent for pc :P
2003- windows
2004- mac
if you're lost with 2007 (as most people are, and very few people like it) rock 2003, it's the familiar old office. :)