Friday, October 03, 2008

I will not buy from you!



This is the hat that made me lose faith in Mozilla.

Problem 1: The hat is listed as "one size fits all". This means that this hat is supposed to fit the smallest to the largest head. However a quick look at the comments shows that several people with 'big heads' ordered this hat, and it wouldn't fit them, or gave them headaches when they wore it. Therefore there is no guarentee that when I recieve said hat, that I could even wear it. There isn't an "average size" listed for the hat so there is NO way to know until you get it. What they should do is have different size hats, like the RedvsBlue hat does. There you can check your head size, and buy a hat you KNOW will fit you.

Problem 2: I ordered this last Monday (September 20th), and I only got confirmation of it being shipped this morning (Friday, October 03rd). It took them a full 11 days to ship my order... when it took that long for my RedvsBlue DvD's to be processed, shipped, AND get to me. So for 11 days I thought my order was shipped, and on its way.

Problem 3: This hat was priced at $19.99 from the mozilla store, which seems EXTREMELY reasonable for any hat, let alone a flexfit mozilla one. Now when you purchase the hat it doesn't tell you what your shipping will be, you get an email in your inbox when your order is finally processed saying what your shipping will be (the process period which took 11 days, so for 11 days I didn't know what the shipping would come to). This morning I recieved the email from Mozilla's staff:

It basically says that the shipping on my $19 dollar hat is $31, which is 1.5x the price of the hat. That doesn't seem to make any sense, its shipping from the US to Canada, so the shipping should NOT be that high, plus its a small package (a hat is small). My RedvsBlue DvD's shipping was $18, and they told me the day I ordered it.

Therefore: This leads to a very angry Mozilla customer, and I decided to cancel my order, no Mozilla hat for me.

No comments: