Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh that google.

My friend asked me how to put movies onto a Ipod video, because apparently it isn't a really simple click and drag type thing. When I couldn't come up with an answer (having opted out of getting a video ipod) and none of my video-ipod wielding friends were online I went to the next best source of information: google.

While typing in "how to put videos on an ipod" I noticed a very amusing set of search results come up for "how to" and "how to put", see below.



For "how to" there are some pretty understandable searches "how to tie a tie", "how to make a website", "how to write a resume", "how to draw". The fac that there are some sensible ones, means that there are some that just make... no sense at all.

"How to kiss" - 64.7 million results on how to kiss?! what the hell... Before peyton I hadn't ever kissed anyone, but that still doesn't mean I needed to google how to kiss. That is kind of sad... but still my first thought here was "Arrgn"
"How to get pregnant" - the leading cause of pregnancy is sex. I was pretty sure everyone knew how to get pregnant...
"How to vote" - Well... you go into a public building on voting day and check a box. I can't even vote and I know that.


Well this one had some of the handy things that I was looking for, and some very common questions. However there are also those fun stupid ones:

"How to put on weight" - I thought that was self-explanitory: eat a lot of food, don't move around a lot, and who in this day and age wants to put on weight (except me).
"How to put on fake eyelashes" - those look stupid anyway, and there are directions on the back of the boxes...
"How to put on a condom" - ... I didn't think it was that complicated > Unroll, roll on, and go. Apparently not (I was curious and clicked on it, and got an interesting youtube video). You need to do a whole lot of things. (1) Check the expiry date (2) push down the middle of the condom wrapper (with the condom inside), if there is an air bubble that means its all good (3) rip the edge but not too much, because you might rip the condom [its a bad idea to use your teeth] (4) roll the unwrapped condom up and down, to figure which way it properly unrolls. (5) place the condom on the erect penis, pinching down the tip (6) roll the condom down said penis, still pinching the tip.

In the end I just learned something new, didn't actually find out any ipod related

No comments: