Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Great day.

Normally I complain a lot about going to school, but today was a very good day.

It started at 8:15, when I woke up; my bus comes at 8:00. That means I was automatically going to be late for school and I didn't need to ride the bus (the passengers which are mostly composed of druggie kids). Since today was Tuesday it meant that the VON (Victorian Order of Nurses; on call super-nurses) was here for my great-aunt (who has super-Alzheimer's). That meant that I couldn't leave until the VON left, which was at 9:00, which meant more sleep for me. Then, I made it to school 1/2 way through 1st period, so I didn't need to do any work there.

In second period my teacher gave me a surprise. Its an autographed picture from David Kaye. The reason she gave it to me was because about a month and a half ago she had stated that he nephew (or something like that) was the voice actor for one of the transformers, one of the big (as in major) ones. So of course I listed off who she meant, and then asked what series it was from, or what year; she didn't really know. So she got me his autograph.


David Kaye's more notable voice acting jobs:
So pretty much: he's a pretty famous guy, and I have his autograph.

The second awesome thing that happened today had to do with money. Yesterday I had to spend about an hour and fill out an online survey about post-secondary schooling. Then today I got out of all of third period, and most of fourth period to do part 2, 3 and 4. As soon as I entered the room and sat down they handed me $20. Then I filled out a 130 questionnaire about money choices (eg: would you prefer $300 now or a $2000 grant for post-secondary education). Then when I finished that I had to do a booklet with a whole bunch of basic real life application math questions. After that was quickly out of the way I went into the back room, drew a ball out. The number on the ball corresponded with one of the questions in the first booklet (the 130 question one), then I got whatever my answer was. In this case I won $75. So for doing nearly no work I won $95. Yay!

No comments: