Sunday, February 01, 2009

Esca-Rancher.

So, a lot of people have fond memories of the show Escaflowne. It was one of the first anime on TV that were pretty widely watched by a younger audience. The show is (in a nutshell) about a group of people who pilot medieval mechs, on a mythical planet, fighting against an evil nation.

More of the people reading this however, probably remember the show Monster Rancher. That also had a person who got teleported to a mythic land to fight an evil nation of baddies. However, instead of mechs, they had monsters that they summoned from discs they found.

I fondly remember both of these shows, and have actually recently watched both; Monster Rancher was last year, and I just spent the weekend watching Escaflowne. While watching Escaflowne the first time (first of this time, so friday)), I watched it in Japanese with English subs (everyone who watches anime knows the japanese voices are much better, however sometimes the case is not wanting to read). The second time I watched it with my girlfriend, and she wanted to watch it in english, because she 'remembered the english being OK'. It wasn't. However, as I was watching it I realized something: Escaflowne, has many of the Monster Rancher voice actors.

A quick IMDB reveals I was right!:
I think that is pretty funny just how many are shared between the two. The sad thing is the person that voices Genki and Dilandau sucks for both roles... or well... its more suited for Genki but still.



No comments: