Friday, January 15, 2010

making friends.

Making friends on the internet is what I do. "Please don't hate me because of my superior intellect and sarcastic attitude" seems to be my life motto.

People hate me. It is just a fact that when you whip out any form of logic, the general population of the internet feels the need to be belligerent, poorly so might I add. There have been many discussions started, particularly on facebook, on account of the lack of tolerance i have for forums (therefore giving them a wide space on the internet, especially 4chan), about such wonderful things as "grammar" or "punctuation" or "the lack of decent insults". All are true if you take time to consider it, grammar/spelling and correct typing were lost somewhere around the turn of the century, replaced by run-on sentances all typed out in this manner: "i seen u at teh moviz! lol ur soooo gay".

When correct grammar and/or spelling comes along, to correct mistakes, it is often met with 'insult'. There are usually some people who agree with the statements made, but a vast amount more that disagree.

Case and point: This Facebook Group where I started aparently a 'war' with a simple wall post. The importance of grammar and especially punctuation has been forgotton.

Look at the following sentences:

Don't stop.

Don't, stop.

The first is a request to continue with the action; the second is the exact opposite -- it's saying that the action should cease. (Cast your mind back to a couple of real-life situations you've experienced and just think of the ramifications of leaving out that little punctuation mark!)

Commas are used to indicate a short pause -- they alert the reader to the fact that the next thought will be connected to the one that has preceded it. (A full stop tells the reader that a new thought is about to start.)

Some writers adopt the "when in doubt, leave it out" approach, but, as we've already seen in the example above, the placement of a comma can radically alter the meaning of a sentence:

He was kicked by a mule which annoyed him. (The mule annoyed him.)

He was kicked by a mule, which annoyed him. (Being kicked annoyed him.)

Sometimes, omitting a comma can lead to ridiculous meanings:

While mother was cooking the baby wandered away.

Often, commas have to be used to avoid ambiguity in sentences:

You don't really like it; you're only pretending to please me.

You don't really like it; you're only pretending, to please me.

These sentences have two quite different meanings -- as a result of the placement of the comma.
Using intelligence is often the best route for insults, the people you are trying to stop from talking, will usually have to stop and think about what you just said. Or they will run and cry to their mommies, whichever comes first.


















really hoping this whole post made sense, that goes a little out the window as I get more tired... and tired is what I am.

8 comments:

TheBoxNinja said...

I am grieved in saying that you have me at a disadvantage. You know my name, but I do not know yours.

This leaves me with the very real sense, that you sir, are as spineless as you are stupid. You make an attempt at insulting someone, and choose to remain anonymous, fearing rebuttal perhaps?

I am also going to point out, that you forgot my email address: theboxninja@gmail.com. But then, i would know who said person was, wouldn't I? Which does much less than suit your chicken-shit motive.

So please, try again.

Ed said...

Someone else harass him...? That's it? You have the nerve to post all this on his blog, yet you don't have the balls to do any real harassing yourself? Throw in the fact you hide behind the alias "Wolf" and what we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is pretty damn childish.

Look, if you want something done... how about doing it yourself? Rather than corralling others to do it for you because you apparently lack the courage. By the way, check your definition of candy ass, bud. It actually applies better to you than it does PT. You'd know this if you actually knew him as a person like his friends do.

Speaking of friends... recruiting on his blog? Really? You do realize a good portion of views here come from his friends. So, unless you want to be a little more grownup about this and ditch that rather uncreative nickname... your candy ass is not worth the time.

Wolf said...

Ed, I do not harass him myself because I was requested not to. To be honest, I'd be working round the clock to make his life living hell if it weren't for that. By the way, bash on my nick all you want, I've had it for years and have no intention of ditching it. It being hard to trace is a nice side effect. Oh, Anonymous, I will do what I want, when I want. You saying you just don't do that is not going to deter me.

Wolf said...

And, one more thing. I put it on his blog for a reason. It's called a warning. I could posted it on YouTube, Encyclopedia Dramatica, and several other well-traveled places. And I still can.

Anonymous said...

You're an idiot, Wolf. You're so goddamn offended by someone on the internet that you would take a personal interest in trying to bring harm them IRL.

Which leads us to case number two, its obvious that you know him in real life to have known all this, and if that's the case (you also seem to think you're some big man for knowing how to hit up Encyclopedia dramatica) than it seems more than likely that PT has already destroyed some part of *your* life, somehow. Well, either that, or you're just such a fucked up bitter person that you're gettin your jollies like this.

But I'd go with hypothesis numero uno and say PT has probably wronged you somehow. Wronged you hard.

So good job PT, this so called 'Wolf', since he chooses to call himself that (I very much doubt anyone gave him that nickname other than himself, and maybe his mother after he pooped on the carpet that one time) deserved everything you gave to him that led to this.

By the by, you best be careful posting things to peoples comments sections in their own blogs. IP trackers are a wonderful thing, and you, good sir, have committed harassment by uploading that information. Should Peter Thomas choose to do so, without doing any work on his own end, he simply files this comments section off to the police station and they'll have you picked up in less than a day. 'Being hard to trace'? Dude. You're obviously 16-18 and have very little knowledge of how the internet or the world works.

And before you go 'oh! but i can do this on 4chan and get away with it!'... this is different. This is his personal blog, which means unlike 4chan, theres no moderator or anyone in charge here to withhold your privacy (if the police ever asked) EXCEPT PT.

If you're going to so blatantly threaten him, you should try to do it not on his home turf. The fact that you would come back here to defend your actions with this silly little 'Wolf' nonsense and air of superiority is more than telling about how lame-sauce you really are.

A true 4channer or random internet prick would have uploaded the info as anony, then left. You stuck around and kept coming back. Which means PT knows you IRL and, likely, has probably kicked the shit outta you or something. lol.

(which means you've gotta be hella-puny, since he's a scrawny little bitch as-is)

Wolf said...

Touched a nerve, did I? You seem to be so annoyed at me that you spend the time to write a novel in your post. No, he has not wronged me, I was paid to do something, and I did. And now, it's time for me to go.

Phoenix said...

OBJECTION!!

"I do not harass him myself because I was requested not to. To be honest, I'd be working round the clock to make his life living hell if it weren't for that."

"No, he has not wronged me, I was paid to do something, and I did."

*Slams desk* ...Mr. Wolf, there is a glaring contradiction within your testimony... It should be quite obvious really: "he has not wronged me..." Dropped the obsessive attitude of your earlier statement, did you? Plus, where did your leash go? Suddenly it was not entirely your will to be here? You were paid to be here?

There can only be one answer to this, Mr. Wolf: completely annihilated in your attempt to be a douche to my client, you've decided to flee with your tail between your legs, attempting to throw off those who have already deemed you as quite obsessive. For the truth of the matter is, as it has always been, you have something against my client! Your attempt to hide it is pitiful, Mr. Wolf, but since you're taking off so soon, I might as well thank you for giving us all quite the good laugh, right from the get-go.

TheBoxNinja said...

Maaan, I totally stopped getting email notifications from this thing, asnd therefore missed all of this fun! I find that more than a little depressing to be honest...

It seems that I wasn't even needed to be involved, and it just goes to show how much I cared when I stopped paying attention and 'Wolf' still got his cute little bottom handed to him.

Good times.